Interim Infection Prevention and Control Nurse
Fully remote opportunity for the duration of the contract
Part-time contract (3 days pw)
Panoramic Associates are working with a South West based local authority to support them in finding an Interim Infection Prevention and Control Nurse to support the response to COVID-19.
The post holder will be responsible in providing expert support and advice in infection prevention/control predominantly in the care and schools settings. Working as a senior member of the Public Health team, you will have responsibility for, auditing, risk assessments, training, planning and implementing IPC processes.
- Recognise and isolate outbreaks of infectious diseases in care and schools settings and in the community at large.
- Create strategies and action-plans for the prevention of outbreaks.
- Investigate possible outbreaks and marshal resources in response in the event of a confirmed outbreak.
- Serve as an infectious disease advisor for health and care setting providers and members of the local community.
- Provide training to support infection prevention and control (including to care homes)
- Review care home policies and procedures to ensure plans are robust for preventing and managing COVID-19 cases.
- Advise on COVID-19 safe practice with external and internal staff memebers
- Qualified and registered nurse (active NMC pin)
- Local government experience is a prerequisite, local authority experience is highly desirable
- Infection Prevention & Control post grad. qualification/specific training in infection control
- Specialist IPC knowledge and experience, COVID-19 response experience will be highly desirable
To hear more about this role please apply to the advert and/or contact Mia Collett on the email address / on LinkedIn.