Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to support the recruitment for a Public Health Programme Manager to lead on Population Wellbeing for Adults. This is a 6 month full time assignment with a local authority in the West Midlands. This post offers fully remote working or part time office based if this is a preference.
The role will focus on:
- Substance misuse -there is a renewed focus locally on substance misuse with increasing complexity of cases. Work is underway, linked to our homelessness forum and community safety partnership, to develop a strengthened approach to better support those affected. The drug-related death and drug alert processes need reviewing.
- The council have recently received over £1 million from PHE to address 3 key areas - healthy weight (adults), mental health recovery and substance misuse. The plan is to extend these for a further year so there is work to be done both in terms of delivery and planning for long term sustainability
- Smoking cessation - a new provider is in place and there is work to be done to strengthen pathways, particularly for women who smoke during pregnancy
- MECC - a training package has been developed that needs to be rolled out
- Sexual health - the council have been identified nationally as an outlier for STIs.