At the heart of the East End, well connected to major transport links and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, the London Borough of Newham is an exciting place to work. It is home to one of the UK’s youngest and most ethnically diverse populations which presents unique opportunities for both professionals and residents. The Adults and Health Directorate is committed to the provision of efficient, high quality services and keeping our customers safe. We are delivering a programme to transform services including homelessness, social care, public health and integration with health. Newham is a young, diverse, vibrant and ambitious borough with a huge amount to offer to people who are innovative and creative in their thinking. It is a place that is being transformed and puts people at the heart of everything it does.
This is a permanent post to support the public health teams whole system response to Covid-19.
The post-holder will lead on and support on a number of areas including work on our:
- ongoing pandemic response plan including outbreak management support
- 50 Steps to a Healthier Borough our Health and wellbeing strategy
In addition the CPH will be responsible for:
• Matrix managing staff.
• Providing professional leadership to public health staff in Newham, and technical support in public health activities – ensuring high quality in public health analysis, advice and activities.
• Delivering the public health work plan, meeting relevant milestone as required.
• Provide public health specialist advice, technical skills and support to the Council and CCG and community partners
• Working flexibly to deliver council priorities requiring specialist public health input as required.
Please see the job description for more information.
Closing Date: 4th July 2021
Please view Public Health Consultant Job Description.
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role...