This is a senior leadership post which will lead on the development and delivery of: public health input to the health and social care integration agenda and effective commissioning of public health programmes across the borough.
Role responsibilities (but not limited too):
- Provide senior leadership, oversight, accountability and line management to the Public Health team’s adult, older people, mental health, healthy lifestyles and wider determinants programmes and staff.
- Provide senior leadership to partnership working across the council, with the NHS, and other statutory and voluntary sector organisations in the pursuit of health improvement and reducing inequalities in health.
- Ensure the commissioning of high quality programmes based on priorities in the Health and Wellbeing Strategy and needs identified in the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment, providing specialist public health commissioning knowledge, and leading the process of developing specifications, providing technical expert input into market testing, tendering, performance management and monitoring and addressing performance issues.
- Manage risks relating to the work programme, taking overall responsibility, making decisions and taking prompt action at a corporate level, including appropriate escalation, to resolve any issues that are compromising the success of individual projects and/or delivery of programmes.
- Lead on delivering public health input to the health and social care integration agenda, taking a ‘health systems approach’ across the health economy and working across the council and NHS to influence relationships, strategies, programmes and spend.