An opportunity for a Housing and Environmental Health Projects Officer has become available to work at East Herts Council as part of the Housing and Health team. With a mix of working from home and time in the office to network, you will work closely with the Head of Housing and Health and Service Managers to ensure delivery of new affordable homes through working with housing associations and others, ensure we have up-to-date policies in place and manage cross-service and multi-agency projects covering as diverse issues as regeneration, air quality and tackling rough sleeping. There is a lot to do.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
• Support senior officers in the Housing and Environmental Health teams by designing and managing projects aimed at ensuring the application of up-to-date best practice, including engaging with national, regional, and local stakeholders.
• Maintain project documentation, including project initiation documents, action plans and risk logs.
• Assist on the research, development, and submission of grant applications to various agencies or government offices for the Housing and Environmental Health services, setup monitoring systems and co-ordinate the submission of required monitoring returns.
You will bring your ability to bring agencies together to find innovative solutions and manage complex projects. In return, through a mix of working from home and time in the office to network, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Head of Housing and Health and Service Managers to manage cross-service and multi-agency projects covering as diverse issues as regeneration, air quality, delivering of affordable housing and food safety.
Added to this, you will map out how best to ensure the Housing and Environmental Health teams’ work is underpinned by up-to-date policies and strategies, all within one of the most supportive working environments around.
The ideal candidate will have:
• the drive to get things done.
• a systematic approach to managing competing deadlines.
• ability to act with credibility to build effective multi-agency working relationships.
• research and strategy writing skills.
You can expect us to help you develop and utilise your project management and communication skills. You’ll be called on to bring agencies together to find innovative solutions to our thorniest problems such as how to deliver homes with truly affordable rents, how to promote the highest standards in private sector housing and how we can use new technology to drive forward our food safety work. You will have the opportunity to ‘own’ projects and see them through to their conclusion, all the while drawing on advice and expertise from one of the most supportive working environments around.
For more information and to apply, click 'Apply Here'.