Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to recruit a health protection lead to work as part of a team of senior leads. This is a remote full time role for a period of 6 months paying £500 per day.
Role responsibilities include:
- Working in a team of health protection specialists and with Consultant in Public Health to oversee and co-ordinate the COVID response on behalf of the Director of Public Health
- Leading or providing back up to key COVID workstreams including some of the following: COVID in health and care settings, contact tracing, testing, vaccination, variants of concern, COVID and wider council services, COVID and inequalities
- Linking to county council directorates, districts and broughs and NHS as required and give advice on COVID
- Taking part in the first oncall or second oncall rotas for health protection during working hours
- Taking responsibility for elements of/updating of the Local Outbreak Management Plan
- Leading on ad hoc COVID projects/initiatives
- Producing reports and SOPS on COVID as required
- Supporting non-COVID health protection if COVID response allows (including emergency planning, Immunisation and Screening Assurance, TB, migrant health, environmental determinants of health)
- This list is not exhaustive
To apply for this role you must have health protection experience and have worked at a senior level within public health for a local authority.
If you would like to apply for this role, please contact Maisie Hockings. We can interview on this post before the new year.