Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to recruit a Locum Consultant in Public Health for a 6 month contract, 3 days per week.
As the Consultant in Public Health, you will have a diverse portfolio that includes overseeing various 'live well' areas such as sexual health, substance misuse, alcohol, and their integration with healthcare public health and health protection initiatives.
You will be involved in key strategic decision-making processes and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to improve the health and well-being of the community.
- Co-chair the health protection board every 2 months, contributing to the development of effective health protection strategies and initiatives.
- Provide support and guidance in line management to a team of 2-3 direct reports, ensuring their professional development and performance.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to establish and prioritize public health initiatives and interventions.
- Work closely with the health and wellbeing board to ensure that public health goals are aligned with local strategies and priorities.
- Play a key role in the commissioning of sexual health services and substance misuse services, ensuring they meet the needs of the population.
- Oversee the activities of the public health quality group, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services and adherence to best practices.
- A qualified Consultant in Public Health and professional membership with the UKPHR or GMC
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of healthcare public health, health protection, and related disciplines.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, enabling you to build relationships and engage with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in commissioning services and working with partners to achieve shared goals.
- Flexibility to work on-site as required, with a maximum commitment of 3 days per week.
If you would like to hear more about this role or apply please contact Maisie Hockings or Rebecca Martin.
For more information and to apply, click 'Apply Here'.