We are looking for a clinician (from medical, nursing or AHP background) with a strong interest and experience in population health approaches to help transform healthcare for the future. The Health Inequality Fellow will work closely with clinicians to provide support, training and advice to develop key areas for investigation and use population health data to define their key questions and shape local interventions on the ground. We are therefore looking for candidates with a keen interest in developing their population health competencies to inform key-decision making and improve health outcomes for the population.
Supporting elective recovery and reducing health inequalities
Improving data quality for protected characteristics and other vulnerable groups
Other Lewisham system priorities, including supporting prevention and wellbeing, children and young people and mental health for all
PLEASE NOTE: This post will be available on NHS payscale and the medical and dental payscale.
Fellow(s) will be based, for up to three days a week, with the Lewisham Population Health and Care programme team and having prior knowledge of Lewisham’s landscape and its demographics would be a benefit. They will be supported by a suitable senior manager or population health advisor during their placement.
Key areas of work that we expect the Fellow to focus on will include:
Main duties of the job
- To agree the rationale and drivers for exploring population health ideas/ problem statements
- To establish how our information system (HealtheIntent) could support local work and translate data into actionable insights
- To engage with clinical leads to set up and lead any working groups required to drive forward and manage the projects
- To agree the characteristics and activity to case-find patients
- To agree what the expected outcomes would be for projects
- To support the development of a dashboard (or other tools if required) for end-users to support case-finding based on the above criteria
- To agree the relevant interventions with colleagues based on the areas where the data suggests there is room for improvement
- Facilitate MDT discussions as required
- To agree how to realise benefits and monitor those benefits
- To agree how they would embed the work as BAU
- To present project(s) as and when requested
- To consider wider dissemination of their project(s) through write-ups or sharing with other partners
For more information and to apply, click 'Apply Here'.