Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES) Council has an exciting opportunity working within the Public Health Team, contributing to improving and protecting the health and wellbeing of those living and working in B&NES.
We are seeking to recruit a Health Improvement Officer to support and take forward the children’s public health agenda and supporting programmes.
This portfolio will work in partnership with colleagues in the council and partner agencies to support and take forward initiatives relating to areas that include, Children and Young People’s Plan, Injury Prevention Strategy and Infant Feeding Strategy, Breastfeeding Friendly scheme, Healthy Start, Oral Health and wider Children’s Workforce, Public Health In Schools and Early Years Programmes (including Affordable Schools Programme), Physical Activity, Social and Emotional Wellbeing, BCSSP Prevention and Early Intervention Strategy and supporting the work of B&NES wide partnerships in the implementation of their Strategic Action plans.
This position offers broad opportunities to develop your career and make a significant impact on improving wellbeing across B&NES. You will be working within a friendly and supportive team, based at the Civic Centre, Keynsham, but will be expected to work flexibly across the whole of Bath and North East Somerset and use remote working as appropriate.
This is a permanent post, working 30 hours per week, but we welcome applicants who may want to work on a part time, flexible working, or job share basis. The post may require occasional evening or weekend working.
Your main place of work will be the award-winning, modern Civic Centre in Keynsham, halfway between Bath and Bristol, easily accessible via car or public transport, with a train station 5 minutes’ walk away.
Why B&NES Council?
We offer a wide range of benefits, to ensure that you are paid fairly for your work, have the flexibility to enjoy a great work/life balance, and have the support you need. These include:
- A competitive salary package
- A range of flexible working and hybrid working options, including flexi-time, four regional offices and home-working, dependent on service requirements
- A generous holiday allowance and special leave provisions
- The Local Government Pension Scheme
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme – whatever life throws at you; we are committed to supporting you and your well-being at work and home
- Professional and personal development including in-house training and accredited qualifications including Aspiring Manager and Leadership Development
- Discount scheme including the VECTIS card that offers numerous local discounts including cycle to work and free entry to numerous local attractions with B&NES
For more information and to apply, click 'Apply Here'.