Public Health Officer (Physical Activity)
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
Grade 4 - £30,151 - £37,261
Consultation grade - subject to formal evaluation under the Pay Equity Review
Working 36.5 hours per week (flexible working applies)
Birmingham City Council aims to improve the quality of life for the people of Birmingham today, tomorrow and always. Our vision for Birmingham is that it becomes
· An entrepreneurial city to work, learn and invest.
· An aspirational city to grow up in.
· A fulfilling city to age well in.
· A great, clean, and green city to live in
· A city whose residents gain the maximum benefit from hosting the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
· A city that takes a leading role in tackling climate change
The Public Health Function is an important contributor to this vision, responsible for developing the Council into a ‘Public Health Engine’, which actively promotes population good health and enables all Birmingham citizens to make healthier choices. This will be achieved through the continual championing of the health and wellbeing of all people across the city, but especially the most vulnerable. The delivery of an effective intelligence-led approach based on a set of agreed principles will require significant cultural and structural change – where the citizen is at the heart of what we do and each and every member of the Public Health workforce willingly and actively takes responsibility for their actions.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our multi-disciplinary Public Health Division in a Public Health Officer role within our Physical Activity Team. This is a rare opportunity for a skilled individual to join Public Health within the largest Local Authority in the country and lead work that contributes to Birmingham being a great city that enables people to live healthy and active lives.
The Public Health Division is engaged in a dynamic and diverse range of innovative work at a local, regional, national and international level.
This full-time fixed-term position will be within the Place Team. This team leads on ensuring we have a strong Physical Activity offer across Birmingham.
The post holder will support the Senior Officer and Service Lead (Physical Activity Team) to achieve the work programme of the Physical Activity Team. You will be educated to bachelor’s degree with an understanding of Public Health.
We are looking for a competent officer to join the largest Local Authority in Europe to help us improve health and reduce inequalities. This is an ideal opportunity for somebody who can:
· Communicate clearly and coherently, both verbal and written, to understand decision making and planning needs that can be met using data
· Lead on our consultation process for the delivery of a Physical Activity Strategy
· Support implementation of commissioned activity for improving Physical Activity including ensuring provider delivery of agreed services
· Produce and/or contribute to the preparation of reports, reviews, and presentations
· Contribute to maintaining relationships with stakeholders both within and outside of the Council
For more information and to apply, click 'Apply Here'.