Public Health Nursing for Slough are looking for a motivated registered nurse to join our dynamic and innovative 0-19 (25) service. The post holder will work alongside our health visitors and school nurses to deliver the Healthy Child Programme to families with children aged 0-19.
With support from senior member of the team, the Community Staff Nurse will assist in the development of the service and work with colleagues to ensure the delivery of a safe and effective universal health provision for children and young people attending schools in Slough.
The Public Health Staff Nurse working within the Public Health Nursing 4 Slough 019
(25) integrated service will act in a way which demonstrates our core values, mission statement and vision by putting them into practice with service users, their friends, family and carers, other staff members and multi-agency partners.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific accountabilities of this role will be flexible and will change to meet the needs of the organisation as required but will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
• To work as part of the public health team in the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme
• To provide support for identified health needs in the community, in relation to national and local agenda
• To develop and maintain partnership working with children, young people and their families
• To facilitate partnership working across; health, education and social care.
• To safeguard children and young people
• Maintain accurate records of all contacts with children, young people, families in both community and home settings
• To attend and contribute to multidisciplinary meetings as appropriate.
• Work flexibly to meet the needs of the local population. This will include some evening and occasional weekend work.
• To contribute to the development of the service using innovative practice ideas and technology.
For more information and to apply, click 'Apply Here'.