Are you looking for a challenge?
Would you like to be part of the Children and Young People Public Health 0 to 19 Service that is committed to delivering high quality care to Children, Young People and their families, and to work within a skill mix Health Visiting model?
We are able to offer an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic staff nurse with a genuine interest in the health and wellbeing of children and their families. The successful candidate will also have an interest in the Key Public Health agendas.
If this is you we are looking to appoint a Public Health Staff Nurse (PHSN Band 5) in Bridport and West Dorset on a fixed term contract for 12 months. This is a part time role of 19hrs hours per week.
Working corporately, the successful candidate will be a flexible team player and a role model who is able to demonstrate a willingness to support the health visitors to deliver the Healthy Child Programme.
In return we offer excellent training and development opportunities and will support the completion of required competencies.
Main duties of the job
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate treatment and care to people on an allocated
caseload; promoting independence and autonomy; working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Advance own clinical knowledge, skill and competence based on current evidence through educational programmes.
- Plan, implement and review health improvement programmes in a range of settings.
- Recognise, assess, and manage risk across the immediate and wider working environment ensuring
statutory requirements are met.
- To evaluate care, taking appropriate action leading to improvement in quality
standards through clinical audit, and contributing to root cause analysis and dealing
For more information and to apply, click 'Apply Here'.