Hammersmith & Fulham, rated nationally by Ofsted as one of the top Local Authorities, never stops moving forward. Our focus is to act with love and compassion so the most vulnerable among us are looked after. Our ambition is to increase the quality of our
practice and the work with vulnerable adults to sustain positive change. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision.
We are looking to welcome an experienced, advanced clinical practitioner to our Public Health Team to take on the role as Senior Lead – Public Health Nursing.
This is a new role, the successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to shape a novel approach to public health nursing and delivering on our Healthy Child Programme. They will need to adapt to challenging and evolving situations whilst maintaining clinical integrity. The Senior Lead – Public Health Nursing will support the work of our Health Visitors and School Nurses and become a community asset to provide expert public health advice pertaining to babies, children, and young people.
The Senior Lead – Public Health Nursing will show the highest level of competence in the professional service. They will work closely with the Head of Public Health (Children) and be able to deputise for them when needed.
The successful candidate will use their specialist public health nursing experience to contribute to the improvement of local outcomes and reduce health inequalities for children and young people. responsible for assessing needs and assets, implementing service improvements, promoting integrated solutions to key health and wellbeing priorities, managing transformation and efficiency projects and the effective management of staff and budgets to deliver agreed priorities. Giving expert public health advice to Children’s Centres, Early Years Settings, Schools and Colleges as well as organisations in H&F which work with babies, children, and young people.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please refer to the Role Profile for more information.
You will need to:
• To be responsible and accountable for the management and delivery of public health programmes that contribute to improving health and wellbeing and to the reduction of health inequalities; ensuring service and programmes are equitable, appropriate and accessible and addressing the root causes of health inequalities
• Line manage the in-house transfer and supervise volunteer networks which support new mothers and their babies.
• Create and manage an advanced clinical practice within the public health nursing area of expertise. Hence, promoting interprofessional teamwork and collaborative working methods.
• Promote teamwork by working with a multidisciplinary team. Moreover, establish relationships and work practices that are collaborative.
• Assist in developing roles as per the changing needs of H&F families, service requirements, and evidence-based practice.
For more information and to apply, click 'Apply Here'.