The Teaching Fellow in Public Health will contribute to the education activity of the School of Life Course & Population Sciences, providing high quality teaching to students at different academic levels and engaging in research to support teaching, learning and assessment innovations. The post holder will support the delivery of the online MSc in Public Health working closely with the Programme Director, Departmental academics and professional staff.
Public Health embraces a wide range of disciplines; the postholder is expected to have an understanding of this broader landscape and draw upon this to support critical thinking and engagement with students on our programmes. The postholder should have an understanding of the UK healthcare systems and/or experience of working in public health. A specific background in health psychology would be desirable.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract for 3 years
This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent
(Part time options will be considered)
• Work collaboratively with the Programme Teams to support management, development, delivery and evaluation of the online MSc
• To lead on teaching and learning activities for the online modules
• Act as academic tutor for students, enabling students to meet the learning objectives of the programme and resolving enquiries.
• Prepare and assess formative and summative assessments, providing good quality feedback in accordance with stated timelines.
• Supervise student dissertation projects.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. A Master’s degree and/or a PhD in Public Health related field
2. Knowledge of Public Health principles and practices and health care systems.
3. Knowledge of principles of teaching, learning and assessment at master’s level with experience of supervising and supporting students.
4. Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment, sharing knowledge and skills.
5. Ability to work under pressure to achieve goals, meet deadlines and work collaboratively and flexibly.
6. Committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion, actively addressing areas of potential bias.
7. Teaching Qualification.
8. Excellent IT skills including knowledge of course creating and delivery on Moodle or similar VLE.
9. Track record of quality teaching in higher education and across different academic levels.
10. Co-ordination and administration of educational modules.
For more information and to apply, click 'Apply Here'.