Healthy Cornwall based within the Wellbeing and Public Health service provides health improvement interventions across Cornwall and Isles of Scilly that encourages all residents to make healthy lifestyle choices that will support physical and mental wellbeing.
The service strives to reduce health inequalities by taking a targeted approach and working with individuals and communities with the most need, situated in areas of high deprivation or those who are socially excluded.
This position will be subject to a basic/standard/enhanced criminal record disclosure check.
Whilst the location/work-base for this role may have been specified our evolving ways of working means that the role may require you to also work remotely (e.g., from home/other locations). We will discuss this with you during the recruitment process.
We are happy to talk about flexible working options such as part-time or compressed hours. More examples of our flexible working opportunities can be found here - flexible working options.
We are recruiting 2 Wellbeing & Public Health Trainers.
We have a permanent vacancy for a Public Health Trainer, this is a new position due to demand for the service.
We also have a vacancy for a Public Health Trainer for a two year fixed term due to a secondment of the permanent postholder.
We are looking dynamic individuals committed to improving the wellbeing of the residents of Cornwall, who can demonstrate:
· An ability to deliver training to a range of individuals.
· An ability to take a community development approach and build strong working relationships with people and organisations.
· A strong work ethic and the ability to work both individually and as part of a team towards shared objectives.
· Passionate about reducing health inequalities across Cornwall focussing on communities who require the most support.
· Able to work flexibly across the week including a commitment to working occasional evenings and occasional weekends.
For more information and to apply, click 'Apply Here'.